Created in 2004 with the passage of ordinance 4201, and amended in 2006 by ordinance 4339 and again in 2009 by ordinance 4526, the Goshen Community Relations Commission (CRC) is a group of 9 volunteer residents appointed by the City Council and the Mayor to focus on the “people issues” of our town. We are a group of individuals that is diverse in terms of ethnicity, gender, nationality, culture, political persuasion, religion, vocation and others.
The CRC meets at 7:00 PM the second Tuesday of every month at City Hall at 202 S. 5th St. in Goshen.
Our current strategic plan, against the backdrop of our mission to foster a climate of non-discrimination and equal opportunity, prioritizes the vision of a City in which positive community relations exist among it’s residents. To that end, the CRC is pursuing the following which are some of the elements of positive community relations:
- healthy neighborhoods
- youth who develop and exhibit positive behavior
- resources being made available to the multiple people groups that exist
- residents and institutions which recognize and respect both similarities and differences that exist among people groups
We are pursuing development of these elements by:
- partnering with others (e.g., Peacemakers, Goshen Neighborhoods, The
- enhancing the role of the CRC as a communications vehicle
- supporting activities and programs that celebrate the people of Goshen
To contact the CRC directly call (574) 537-3839 x 358.